Time flies, my friends!!
I can’t believe that I’ve been running this blog for 9 years now(!!) – that’s an eternity in blogging years, isn’t it?!?
Exactly 9 years ago today, I made the completely spur-of-the-moment decision to try my hand at drama blogging. What a journey that’s turned out to be! (You can read more about how I started the blog in last year’s blogoversary post here!)
Since we’re celebrating the blog’s 9th year of existence, I thought it’d be fun to share 9 random blog-related things with you guys – with one bonus random personal factoid (just coz I can, heh).
9 Random blog things, in celebration of 9 years of blogging!
1. There are a total of 661 posts on the blog, at the time of this posting.
2. According to my WordPress dashboard, that’s 2,609,878 words – and counting. 😅
3. Of those, 863,573 words were written this year. Woah. 🤯
4. As I type this, there are 41,462 comments on the blog. Wow, thanks you guys!
5. I’ve gone from posting 4 times a month (pre-covid) to having about 4 (or 5) non-posting days a month. That accounts for the 863,573 words so far, this year! 😆
6. As I type this, the blog has been viewed 8,664,576 times.
7. Those views come from a total of 233 countries. Wow!
8. The number of visitors making up those views, is 3,760,463. You helped to make that number! ❤️
9. The most views in a single day, was at the height of global lockdown, clocking in at 10,722 views. This legit blew my mind. 🤯
Bonus random personal factoid:
Thanks to covid, I stopped going to the hairdresser’s (as an extra precaution), and as a result, in 2 years, my hair grew to waist-length – not unlike my little blue-haired avatar, except, as I’ve told you guys, my hair isn’t blue (I swears!). 😁
HOWEVER. I couldn’t take the upkeep anymore, and 2 days ago, I chopped it all off (not personally! At a quick cuts sort of place, by an actual hairdresser!) – to chin-length. Whee~!!! So fresh, so freeee~! I will never pull a neck muscle again, from the weight of wetting my long hair in the shower (not even an exaggeration, y’all. It happened once, which only strengthened my resolve to get my hair cut, ha).
Thanks for hanging around my corner of the interwebs, and helping to make this space as friendly and as cozy as it is!!
Now that I’ve told you something random about myself, if you don’t mind, could you also share a random factoid about yourself – so that we can all get to know one another a little better?
Last but not least, happy 9th, my little bloggie. You’re not so little anymore.. Mama’s proud of ya. *patpat*