Loving: Gong Yoo

GY1

Come squee with me! 😀 This post kicks off a new series on the blog. I hereby bring you: K-Love Confessions!

As you can see from the tagline up top, this blog is for reviews and fangirling, and while I’ve been busily posting reviews, the fangirling’s been limited to the context of the reviews.

I will admit, though, that in spite of that, there have been times that I’ve managed to fangirl very successfully anyway (see Big and The Moon that Embraces the Sun) Coz, y’know, a persistent fangirl lets nothing stand in her way! Heh.

Still. Here’s where the serious fangirling begins.

In each K-Love Confession, I will focus on one of my K-loves – I have several big ones, and quite a few medium-sized ones – and there will be extended fangirling and spazzing. And photos. Lots of photos 😉

Ahem. So where shall we begin?

Just from looking around my blog, you’d probably have guessed my biggest K-love of them all: Gong Yoo ♥ Swoon.

So of course, he had to be my first featured K-love.

GY2

ROUND 1:

I first set eyes on Gong Yoo in 2007 when he appeared on my screen as Choi Han Gyul in Coffee Prince.

Almost right away, in episode 1, we’re treated to an extended shirtless scene, with him wearing nothing but a towel:GY4

To be honest, this shirtless scene did nothing for me, though I did think it was played out nicely and very funny.

At the time, his physique wasn’t as, er, shall we say, eye-popping, as it is now, and I thought the shirtless scene was pretty matter-of-fact. Fun, but not quite drool-worthy.

I did love his turn as Choi Han Gyul, though. I loved his natural acting style and his excellent chemistry with Yoon Eun Hye.

I loved a lot of things about Coffee Prince – and watched it 5 times to prove it! – but what I loved most, hands down, was his smitten face.

He looked so. very. adorable. every time he looked giddy and smitten over Go Eun Chan.

Check out these screencaps of said smitten face:

GY6 GY7 GY8 GY9 GY10

So. Darn. Cute.

Every time he looked at her that way, or had that expression on his face simply from thinking about her, my heart would melt a little more, and I got the warm fuzzies.

I wanted a Choi Han Gyul of my very own, who would look the same way just from thinking about me. ♥

I went on to watch One Fine Day (2006) but I didn’t like the show. I liked the amount of screen time his bare arms and torso got though.

GY12

GY12a

His shirtless scenes and bare arms were very nice eye candy, but I didn’t care much for the show, and by the time it ended, I was ready to move on.

I liked him a lot, but it wasn’t love. Yet. 😉

ROUND 2:

GY11a

Much as I prefer my dramas to movies, I sometimes go on a movie whirl, and one day in 2011, I happened to watch S Diary (2004), starring Kim Sun Ah.

Gong Yoo wasn’t in a lead role per se, coz he basically played one of Kim Sun Ah’s ex-boyfriends, but I have to tell you, in the limited time that he did appear on my screen, boy did I sit up and take notice of him. Big time.

He was HOT. Smoking hot.

His shirtless scenes took my breath away.

I thought he had really good muscle definition and an excellent V-line. He wasn’t too chunky, nor too skinny. Just perfect. He didn’t look like a meathead in clothes; he just looked very good. And then, when the shirt came off, he was jaw-droppingly delicious.

Plus he was perfectly believable as both the cool, bad boy and the head-over-heels smitten boy. He was so natural on camera.

To get a feel for how hot he is in this movie, check out this Gong Yoo cut of S Diary. It’s spoilery, but he is sexy, adorable and very, very hot.

I loved that he moved without stiffness – did you catch that little snippet of him dancing? – and he showed some serious kissing chops. Mmm.

I was smitten, and immediately went on a Gong Yoo hunt.

I watched Spy Girl (2004), in which he was the lead, but although it was cute, it wasn’t enough to satisfy.

GY14

Then I watched Hello My Teacher (2005), in which he was adorable with Gong Hyo Jin, but not exactly hot.

Once that was over, I was out of Gong Yoo goodies.

So I did the unthinkable: I re-watched One Fine Day, and this time, I spent the whole time just ogling him:

GY13

The one thing it had going for it was lots and lots of Gong Yoo ogling time.

I gave it a whole re-watch, just to ogle him.

During the re-watch, I discovered that his acting was better than I remembered.

After the re-watch, though, my Gong Yoo love got derailed by a brand new fangirl crush on Jang Hyuk brought on by Chuno.

ROUND 3:

Fast forward to 2012, when Big happened. I found Gong Yoo Seriously. Hot.

Review: Big

Such a glorious feast for the eyes. He was even hotter than I remembered.

It wasn’t only post-army abs we were talking about. The man was chiseled from head to toe. So. Delicious.

Not only was he hot, he did fabulously in the acting department, and always came across as very natural and likable.

He was adorable as the teenager in a grown-up’s body. And when he was the teenager acting as a cool grown-up all dressed up in a suit, he was dashing and all kinds of hot.

GY15a GY15b

I was reminded all over again why I love Gong Yoo. I even had a couple of actual Gong Yoo dreams 😉

During my watch of Big, I did some trawling on the net for photos of Gong Yoo, and found some gorgeous gems.

This set of photos, which made heated rounds in the blogosphere, really caught my attention:

GY16

My knees. They buckled.

And then I found these which were related to the first set:

SAFETY WARNING:

Super hot photos ahead. May cause spontaneous combustion, ovary explosion or related affliction. View with care!

GY17GY19GY21GY22

Swooonn. Mind. Boggling. Deliciousness.

Ok, lest you take issue with the relative lack of photos of him clothed, let me say that I do appreciate him clothed too, thank you very much.

Here. One dashing, fully-clothed Gong Yoo for you:

GY24

Up to this point, I was fully in awe of Gong Yoo’s charisma onscreen, his fabulous acting chops, his handsome face and his very, very delicious physique.

But actually, I wasn’t yet in love.

THE CLINCHER:

As Big neared the end of its run, I was swept off my feet by the bonus track that Gong Yoo sang for the OST.

I was wowed by his heartfelt delivery, and amazed at his dedication. You can check out that track on my review of Big here.

Along with the OST track, I also read lots of BTS tidbits and watched BTS videos on YouTube, and that’s when I officially fell in love with Gong Yoo. ♥

The clincher: he’s got a great sense of humor behind the scenes.

GY25

I read a few tidbits on his jokes and comments while he was filming, and he comes across as genuinely funny and nice. He’s also playful, which I really enjoy. That doesn’t sound like much, but it really is.

He’s nice and considerate towards other actors and keeps things light, playful and jokey for everyone.

I loved this tidbit on a scene where Lee Min Jung had a lot of NGs trying to put a watch on his wrist. He teased Lee Min Jung, saying something like, “I’ll do it. Clearly you’ve never seen a watch this expensive before.”

And when he corrected Suzy in another scene, for saying a line before he completed the action of putting the pickle in his mouth, he later cushioned it by jokingly blaming himself for not eating it sooner.

I loved too, that when he was not doing a scene well, he’d berate himself out loud in exasperation, which cracked up everyone and diffused tension.

Aww.. All that just makes smile with a sigh of appreciation.

GY27

I found him so sweet and funny that I kept looking at more and more Big BTS footage and subbed interviews on Youtube.

And here’s the thing: the more BTS footage I see of him, the more likable and funny I find him.

I’ve found that for many other actors, my interest in them drops after I start to watch interviews & BTS footage of them, coz I start to find them boring.

So not the case with Gong Yoo. He’s witty, funny & likable in all the footage I’ve seen of him.

I really liked this interview that he did with Lee Min Jung & Suzy for Big, which you can watch subbed here:

He’s witty while being laid-back and natural, which I find really sexy.

GY26

Ever since that point, I’ve been whole-heartedly smitten.

Sweet, funny, playful Gong Yoo. He is my one big K-love. ♥

Spazz with me – Just as long as we’re clear that while we’re spazzing on this site, he’s all mine 😉

Edit: OMG I had the most awesome opportunity to attend GY’s 2013 fanmeet in Tokyo. Come join me on my adventure here!

Also! You can find more GY goodies here!

GY28

Notify of
guest
945 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
DDee
8 years ago

I’ve been meaning to tell you gals for some time but I keep forgetting. I happened to walk into a department store I never go to one day while desperately looking for something, and lo and behold, what do I find? FLOOR TO CEILING GONG YOO! The store carries Mindbridge, and they’ve plastered him ALL OVER the section on these huge billboards. I stopped in my tracks, and I may even have yelped a little out loud, and I immediately made a beeline. Brilliant advertising strategy, I must say ;). The store was Robinsons, which, kfangurl you have in S’pore right? Is Gong Yoo there as well?

And what triggered this comment was that I just saw the latest Mindbridge making of videos of their shoots, which I always love! Here:

Reply to  DDee

A wall of Gong Yoo! Could it be the same Robinsons Malls we have here in the Philippines? Gah! Even if it were so, that won’t happen in the ever-so-hot Philippines, even in the rainy season. However, Mindbridge does have summer collection, right? Here’s hoping…:-)

DDee
Reply to  kaiaraia

Oh I dunno. Robinsons is a S’pore store that opened here a few years ago. I’m not sure about Philippines. We don’t get all the heavy winter stuff but for some reason that I will never understand, we still get international brands selling sweaters, coats, etc during their Fall/Winter collection, here in the tropical heat. Like, as if we have fall/winter! Yes, our shopping malls and office buildings are sometimes air-conditioned like the arctic, but still… I’m sure it’s like that for you in the Philippines too, right?

Sorry, went way off tangent here! 🙂

Reply to  DDee

Ahhhh!!! He is so adorable in that Mindbridge vid!! 😀 And when he took off the jacket, I hafta admit my mind went straight to shirtless XD

And really? Floor to ceiling GY in Robinsons???!??? I am intrigued. I don’t often go to Robinsons, but this might be a reason to visit? ;D

Also, we have the same thing here, in terms of winter clothes in stores. The weather is as hot as can be, all year round, but we do get Fall/Winter collections in our stores too. I suppose it’s for the people who want to buy the coldwear to go overseas? 😛

8 years ago

Ladies!! I found a little bit of vintage GY, take a lookie at the cutie!! If you mouse over the pic, you’ll see the vintage of each photo ^^v

DDee
Reply to  kfangurl

Oh my gaaah! Cute! Really cute in fact. He still has that killer smile, but I must say, if he was cute then, he’s even cuter now, and a gabillion times hotter. He was likeable then, always was, but now he’s erm, lust-able too. It’s a unique combo! So glad uri Gong Yoo ages well 😀

Reply to  DDee

He is adorable in these pix, isn’t he?? 😀 I do concur that he’s now way, way, wayyyy hotter!!

Reply to  kfangurl

hey! that’s a good selection of GY vintage pix kfangirl!..i’m not sure… if i’m right?…is it Ha Ji-Won with him on one of the pix?…my!…GY looks so good in baseball uniform!…i don’t know if that pix with baseball uniform is taken from one of his movies?..

Reply to  evez

Yes, evez, that photo of him in OB Bears is from the movie Mr. Gam.

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia..thanks for answering my query… though i haven’t watch Mr. Gam yet… ;(

Reply to  evez

I *think* one of the girls is Kim Min Hee. Not sure about Ha Ji Won..

Reply to  kfangurl

Oh?…the other girl is Kim Min Hee?.. is that girl current fiance of his bestie Jo In Sung?..y’know sadly i haven’t got the chance to watch Mr. Gam i don’t know if that movie is still available through net…..i have to check it when i’m not busy though…

…though i have to say my thought on GY’s smoking habit…sadly, as much as we don’t want to him to have that habit i don’t think he would quit that easily…..i read an old article that says that smoking is part of him and he does love it…i just could not find the link anymore….so let us hope he’d quit the sooner…. 😉

Reply to  evez

I’ve seen Mr. Gam on Crunchyroll way way back but I haven’t have any luck recently finding a copy on the net. He played a pitcher in the movie and he moved like a pro. He rocked! He had only one line in the film but he had ample screen time.

I’ve read that article too, Evez. And that’s why I’m a little pessimistic about him stopping the habit. I’m fine as long as children will not see him smoking.

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia….yeah i do believe that as well, y’know he did some commercials and photo shoots of him smoking…so seems rather hard for him to quit that easy…and i could not find Mr. Gam on the net either,,,:(

Reply to  kaiaraia

Aw. You’re right, GY does seem to have the smoking & drinking quite ingrained in him – the slip-ups he makes when joking with people seem to be around smoking & beer, haha. I mean, it’s funny, even though at the back of my mind I just want him to take better care of his health.

I haven’t seen the movie Mr. Gam either.. those vintage GY shows are really, really hard to find. The fact that you managed to hunt down several eps of School 4 is already extremely impressive and a serious treasure find! 😉

8 years ago

@kairaia..thank you for sharing the bts of Suspect…wow!….i just wish that video is subbed in English,…and thank you kfangirl for translating some of it…..doesn’t GY is so professional doing all the stunts himself?…the teaser and the bts of his movie is so intense….all GY lover is super excited about this movie…i just don’t know when can i see that or when it will be available on the net….

Reply to  evez

You’re welcome, ladies! I only wish I could provide more accurate and detailed translations.. One day, when my Korean is way better, I will!

And yes, he is such a professional. It’s especially impressive considering how he doesn’t have a prior background in martial arts or action movies. Yet, he’s so gung-ho and brave, doing the stunts over and over until he’s satisfied with them. Respect.

Reply to  kfangurl

I concur with you kfangurl. Btw, remember us talking sometime about him being in a sageuk? I saw this pic, the closest to the sageuk look of him that I can find. http://cfile267.uf.daum.net/original/1527AA4E4EFE2A04254E02

Hmm.. I’m getting a 403 Forbidden message when I click the link 😛

How about this one? http://www.flickr.com/photos/25662829@N04/10949843284

I think you have to add a plugin called comment image embedder to allow us, your readers and commenters, to directly upload pics.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Tee hee!! He looks adorable!! Although I hafta concede, he looks more like someone in a fusion sageuk in that pic than a straight-up sageuk. I wonder if it’s just the cheeky expression on his face that’s giving me that idea?

Also, I don’t think a plugin is necessary for you to embed pix. I’m workin’ on a post to show everyone how to (inspired by your plugin request!) ^^

PS: I tried to embed the pic above using the url you provided, but no dice. The embedding’s worked with all other links I’ve used, but admittedly those were using direct links from Facebook &/or photobucket.. Sorry, I think I mentioned flickr before as being embeddable, looks like I got that wrong! 😛 It should work with any other link that is a direct link to the photo. More details in the post to come! Soon!

Reply to  kfangurl

Probably the cheeky smile. I think he’ll look more of a straight-up sageuk if there’s some facial hairs.

Yep, I’m trying the tutorial but I still am not successful embedding pics.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Can I help? Maybe let’s take that over to the Embedding Pix post, and you can tell me what photo you’re trying to embed and we can try to figure out the problem there? 🙂

Also – yes, I think you’re right. If GY put on his intense face, I think he’d do just fine in a straight-up sageuk ^^

8 years ago

With the dedication and courage GY has shown here, I’m holding him up there with Jackie Chan. I hope he makes a movie with him.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));
Post by CJ CGV.

Oooops… I wonder what happened… it did not work… Sorry…. 🙂

Reply to  kaiaraia

Kfangirl… would you be kind enough to tell us what GY and the director are sayiing? Thanks.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Wow. Thanks for sharing the vid, kaiaraia, even though the embedding thing didn’t work. I tried it too, but got the same result. You’re probably right that it only embeds for FB..

I can’t translate everything (oh how I wish my Korean was better!), but here’s the gist of what I understood.. or rather, THOUGHT I understood..! 😛 Hur. So that’s my caveat.. One day when my Korean is better I may discover that I translated this with many inaccuracies..! >.<

GY says that he was nervous even as he wondered whether he could do the stunts personally.. the stunt for the jump into the Han River was difficult and required a lot of prior practice. [the video shows GY requesting to repeat the practice, even before he's landed on the ground from the previous round of practice]. I *think* GY talks about how even though getting hurt on the set was a problem, the thought of wanting to do better was always top of mind. [when the director calls "ok" he adds "perfect and more perfect" ie, couldn't be more perfect]

The stunt director explains that even though the stunt on the stairs is of high level difficulty even for professional stuntmen, GY did an awesome/impressive job.

I couldn't make out the next section of what GY says, but when he's on the ropes on the rocks, GY repeatedly asks not to be let down, coz he wants to try again. I think the guy after that says that it was moving how persistent GY was, despite several injuries that even drew blood.

I think at the end GY talks about repeating all the falling & jumping etc, once, twice, and thrice, many times, to build towards the end result (I'm really not too sure about this last bit).

So there you go! My very amateur attempt at a very rough translation of a very awesome vid! ^^v

Reply to  kfangurl

Thanks! What at perfectionist!

@cdm..i think muffin is simply cute!..i do agree with @kaiaraia…<3

haha <3 <3

8 years ago

@chybbydimpledmuffin..thanks !…YAY!..don’t you find him so delish here?…manly GY!..wearing a beanie, a white shirt, casual jeans and sneakers!…and he is so much fun and very engaging…while he’s being photographed he’s also busy filming those fans and photographers….he even managed to do some aegyos…<3

Reply to  evez

I hafta second everything you said, evez!! I do love how he’s just having fun and being himself and goofing around, yet manages to be cordial to everyone and look fantastic in all the footage and photos coming out of the moment. LOVE that about him!! 😀

And he looks fantastic in the casual togs.. Plus, I love him in a beanie. He manages to rock the beanie even while wearing a sharp suit. Have you seen him?

Reply to  kfangurl

wow!..you’re so good in cropping pix kfangirl!..y’know i love this one!..i remember that his bestie Jo In Sung is with him in this photo…he’s so cool wearing beanie even in suit!…oh my!..he’s so achingly adorable!…any suit will fit in this beautiful man…he has a stunning lanky feature and his shoulders are broad…you’ll notice that one even in his younger years….<3

Reply to  evez

Yes evez I find simply scrumptious in a tee, beanie and jeans…

I’m sure people who work with and around him must really enjoy having him around. I think I read in the Marie Claire article (or else where) something to the effect of the staff enjoying working with him because he brings a great energy and enthusiasm to the set but remains professional… well that always comes across whenever I watch a bts video.

8 years ago

*find him simply scrumptious…

8 years ago

Hahaha I feel bad that you ladies have to type out a long screen name when you address me… you can call me CDM for short? 😛

8 years ago

@CDM… oh, you noticed. I’ve been tempted many times to call you simply Muffin.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Muffin is all good as well.

8 years ago

@muffin…yeah our GY is lip-smacking! have to confess this craziness over GY..eeeerrrrr y’know?…have you tried planting a kiss over GY on your monitor or over the wall paper of your mobile?….hahahaha!…i do that often!…<3<3<3…one of the crazy things i'm in habit of…..LOL!

..and like what you said all the people who have worked with GY would probably in great energy always!…you'll see that in some of the BTS vids….like the one you shared….. GY not only works professionally but he developed good rapport among the people he had worked with…and i guess there are no dull moments once you work with this guy…'coz i find GY a totally good-humored person…..

8 years ago

He IS completely scrumptious, I hafta agree!!! And yes, that super professional yet laid-back charming wit that he has in all the BTS videos I’ve seen of him is seriously one of my most favorite things about him!! He makes it so enjoyable to work with him AND just to be around him. I can only imagine how much fun he would be on a date..! *fantasizes in overdrive*

Reply to  evez

He does have lovely shoulders.. Among other gorgeous body parts 😉 He looks equally gorgeous in casual togs, a sharp suit, or simply without his shirt, hee! I love ALL of those looks on him.. YUM.

Reply to  kfangurl

Kfangirl I’m a shoulders and back girl so GY is like a slice of heaven. Everytime I pay attention to his back and shoulders I’m left being a bumbling fool.

@evez I’ve never tried that but I’ve held my cellphone close to my chest while checking to see that nobody can see what I’m doing, coz GY looks like he just needs a hug (or rather I’m the one honestly in need of a hug…lol)… I try to keep pictures of my favourite K-hotties, or any other hottie, on my phone and pc to a minimum because my phone and pc tend to be used like public amenities by my family and then I get 21 questions asking whose on my phone and I’m too shy to answer, so I visit tumblr a lot.

A date with GY would be a real treat… I’d probably be crying and having a sore tummy from laughing too hard. I love his type of humour …like in this video I laughed at everything said between all of them but I was short from rolling on the floor at the 4:18 mark

I also loled at the 1:18 too

He has such a hearty laugh…

8 years ago

@muffin….my! i had a good laugh with your statement!…we do really have our own crazy way to enjoy GY!!!…and the good thing is it’s free!!!….and a date with GY is not only an awesome treat but a precious thing that you’ll always treasure!…moment with GY alone?…ahahahahaha! priceless!..<3

8 years ago

I do love his humor, and that star date clip is a big part of what made me fall for him. He’s so obviously natural & unscripted, yet so witty and funny and charming. Gah. Melt to the floor, seriously. And yes, I do love his laugh ❤

PS: I tried playing the star date clip but the the uploader has disabled embedding. I tried replacing your playlist link with the direct link to the clip but it still won’t work. We will just have to click on the link to watch it directly in YouTube. One of those rare cases where embedding has been disabled.

Reply to  kfangurl

@evez, Haha I also had a laugh when I read about your kisses through the monitor…I’m so glad that we can all do it for free because I can only imagine the tears if we had to pay to watch videos and to save pictures.

@kfangirl now that you mention it, the way you describe GY is well seen in the star date video.

(snap I should have embedded the video from its original source. Thank you kfangirl for the heads up)

8 years ago

Aw it’s ok.. I recognized the video coz it’s the same one I feature in my post. But it just wouldn’t play & the playlist kept jumping to the next video so I tried re-embedding for you from the original source – which didn’t work coz of the uploader’s settings to disable embedding.

It doesn’t happen often, though, so the rest of our vids should be good ^^v

8 years ago

@muffin…yep, we can do that here all the time!…hahaha i could feel your sentiments…probably when the net is down or no wifi available you’d simply find a way to go to the net shop and rent for about 2hrs?…i do that just to check my email and open this site plus other things… 🙂

8 years ago

I was watching this some time ago and I was thinking men’s fashion really suits GY. The tall and lean body…the broad shoulders…

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT5ZncaTlgU&w=420&h=315]

8 years ago

I love him best in a suit! Simply dashing! No one comes close.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Gosh, my favorite look on him IS a sharp suit! Of course.. there’s also the chiseled deliciousness of when the look comes OFF him.. but that’s a completely different topic, isn’t it? ;D

I think I have a general weakness for men in sharp suits.. I realize the sharp suit is also my favorite look on Woobie. 😛 Similar with the crisp white shirt. YUM. Yum yum yum.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Ahh I’ve forgotten about him being in a suit kaiaraia. He is very charming in a suit.

Kim Won Bin does look real good in a suit!

haha man I meant Kim Woo Bin

8 years ago

Lol. You’re not the first one to get Woobie’s name confused with Won Bin’s! Can’t blame anyone either, since Won Bin’s such a big name in Hallyu & Woobie’s technically a rookie. But he’s steadily making a name for himself, and I’m loving the way everyone’s sitting up and taking notice of him <3

And yes, he does look amazing in a suit. And so does GY. Gorgeous, beautiful men, both. Scrumptious and utterly delicious.. Nom nom nom ;D

8 years ago

@muffin…Woobie not only great in suit anything he wears put me totally in great trance!…he’s that a good-dresser really!….<3 😉

Reply to  evez

Hehe yeah kfangirl, Won Bin is a bit of a hallyu legend but I have noticed that Woobie (hehehehe…such a cute pet name^^) is definitely craving a name for himself and I like him. Though I’ve only seen him in TTBY and the first 20 minutes of the Heirs that I’ve watched.

Yep yep evez was looking at kfangirl’s post about Woobie (teehee I can’t stop giggling) and he just looks so snazzy and smartly dressed and it’s hard to resist the charms of a well dressed man.

8 years ago

@muffin..yeah!…that is kfangirl’s Woobie..the oh-so-gooood-looking Woobie…definitely!absolutely 100 % irresistible!!!..like our GY..you could not possibly escape from his charm as well!…hahahaha!…<3 😉

Reply to  evez

Tee hee! I love how enthusiastically you’re promoting Woobie’s charms for me, evez! 😉 Yes, he’s irresistible. In my biased fangirl opinion, of course ^^v

8 years ago

Giggle. I think you’re not the only one who finds my Woobie post amusing, muffin! XD I can’t help it, he brings it out in me! I become a melting, spazzing, swooning fangirl whenever he appears on my screen. And yes, isn’t Woobie the perfect pet name for him?? It’s got that soft, affectionate touch to it, which suits him perfectly. Coz badass as he can be, he’s got an affectionate core which I freaking love! ❤

And absolutely yes – he looks amazing in a sharp suit. *spazz*

Reply to  kfangurl

I can definitely see that they are both really charming! The Woobie post is too cute!!

8 years ago

Hee. I’m glad to entertain.. while I share my Woobie wuv with the world ;D You need to see him in action muffin. Then maybe you’ll be spazzing right along with me! 😀

8 years ago

@kaiaraia…wow!…i love that pix!…a very fresh GY!…in white crisp polo shirt and looks like he just came out from a shower room!…ummmm..he does smell gooooood!…LOL!

Right! Smells so gooooooooooood! My wallpaper at the moment! 😀

This is now page 3 of comments! YaY!

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia..isn’t it awesome that GY has a lot of pix to choose from to set as a wall paper?…honestly my fb profile pix is GY!…crazy?…but yes!…any pix about GY…it invades my mobile as well …both home wall paper and screen lock!…eeeehhh!…<3 mobile invasion!

Reply to  evez

HAHAHA!!! I LOVE how phone invasion is one of the tell-tale signs of serious fangirling!! XD I’m speaking as someone whose phone has been duly invaded, of course! ^.~

Reply to  kfangurl

..yeah i know kfangirl….something serious and i find it hard to keep restraint over this fangirling thing…especially with your biggest k-love!… 😉

Reply to  evez

Tee hee! I think we’re all facing difficulties, evez.. We just can’t get enough of GY!! Which means that all the recent news etc related to Suspect’s coming premiere is a happy, happy thing for us all!! More GY goodies to feed our insatiable GY appetite! ;D

8 years ago

YAY!..i love the new header of GY!…great kfangirl not only the comments are filled in with GY goodies!…<3

Reply to  evez

Yay that you’re loving them, evez!! 😀 It’s been a while since I managed to make some GY headers, so the GY header love is long overdue! 😛 I hope to get some more new ones in the mix soon-ish.. Stay tuned!! ^^v

8 years ago

GY… REFINEMENT at its best. The White Diamond. (Remember?) Hubby and I have agreed to grow old beautifully. Shouldn’t we all? I’m glad I have GY as my role model. :-0

Oh, I think this pix will make a great header. http://photos.hancinema.net/photos/fullsizephoto139791.jpg

That flag counter is cool! I don’t recognize quite a number of flags. Got to update my geography.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Oh yes! I do feel like I totally called it right the first time, in pronouncing GY a white diamond. Classic purity at its finest. ❤

Definitely, GY’s proving to be an excellent role model (well. Except that I’d love if he quit smoking. It ain’t good for his health. I concede it adds to the bad-boy quotient, and is probably essential for certain acting roles, but I bet with his charisma, he’d look badass even without the cigs. S’all I’m sayin’).. where was I? YES he’s a great role model, in so many ways. So many reasons to love him, really.

Thanks for the pic suggestion, kaiaraia! I do plan on making more GY headers soon, so I’ll see how I’m inspired. I am limited, of course, by my photo-editing skills, which are fairly young and not quite as advanced as I’d like. Sometimes I can make it work, and sometimes, I need more skills &/or inspiration and certain headers-in-progress get shelved for later. I hope to unveil some new GY headers in the not too distant future tho!

And yay that you’re loving the flag counter!! 😀 It does force one to brush up on the geography, doesn’t it?? Who says blogging & all its related activities don’t give rise to meaningful learning, eh? ;D

Reply to  kfangurl

Oh yeah the smoking! I don’t like it as well. I’m allergic to it. From the looks of it, seems like he’s quite a smoker. A fan who went to his autograph signing while he was in the military attested to this fact. 🙁

Reply to  kaiaraia

Yeah.. I’ve since come to terms with the fact that smoking is such a common practice in Korea that it’s very rare to find a Korean man who doesn’t smoke :/ Plus, with actors, they often are called upon to smoke for roles or photo shoots, so it’d be really hard to find an actor who doesn’t smoke. Still, I do harbor that hope that he’ll decide to be a total rebel and quit smoking even though it’s a norm in k-ent and Korea in general. After all, he’s quite the rebel in so many other ways, why not in this way too, eh? Here’s hoping! ^^v

Reply to  kfangurl

I’m hoping with you! Especially now that he is an ambassador of children’s rights and inevitably becomes a role model. I hope he learns from Michael J. Fox. I’ve learned the guy is a chain smoker but since most of his fans are kids, he requested media not to take and print photos of him smoking. Admirable.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Ooh.. That’s an excellent point, kaiaraia!! I hadn’t made that connection in my head! He’s now officially a special representative for children’s rights – YES he’s officially a role model for kids now! I do hope that he realizes it’s not a good example to the kids (although, if smoking is such a norm in Korea, would people consider smoking a bad example, I wonder?).. If he does realize it, then I hope he insists on authenticity and purity the way he does for so many other things, and go all the way to actually quit smoking instead of simply excluding smoking from his public image.

Reply to  kfangurl

If he could quit smoking, that will be totally awesome. But if he couldn’t, then at least avoid children seeing it. I hope he realizes that… or should we let his agency know? Heh 🙂

Reply to  kaiaraia

Haha! Maybe? But I feel like we’d be ratting on him to his agency, somehow 😛 I’m hopeful that he’ll realize it on his own, thoughtful man that he is..

8 years ago

oh!…i love that flag counter!…let us see that stats as the day goes by…more visitors more fun!…<3<3<3

Reply to  evez

Yay that you’re enjoying the flag counter! It’s a pity that it can’t reach into my stats to show you all the countries previously recorded, but I figure now’s as good a time to start as any. Especially since you ladies get a nice little kick out of it! ^^

Reply to  kfangurl

yep!..fighting for that kfangirl!…i want that flag counter to fill in with a non-GY lover as well..you see?..this blog site of yours is that awesome!..drama reviews are great as well…but your k-love for GY is the carrier hahahaha!…and Woobie is catching second….and who knows?…this sneaky Woobie is accumulating lot fangirls nowadays…even the k-drama watcher here can’t help themselves but notice the oh-so-good Woobie…you see?…he’s at his prime and irresistible!…so how can you escape from his charm?…hahahaha!!…my gosh!…i notice that the pages of your k-love are interchangeable! ..this is isn’t Woobie’s page…oh!..sneaky Woobie…<3 😉

Reply to  evez

Lol. I think you’ve analyzed my blog traffic quite perfectly, evez!! XD You’re absolutely right! The most active posts on the blog all center around GY, with Woobie a close second. A very close second, I might add, who, on some days, beats GY at raking up views, all by himself! That’s no small feat, considering how Woobie has one single post, and there are now 3 posts on GY. That’s some serious Woobie love going around the dramaverse, and I LOVE that Woobie love is increasing among viewers.. He’s so awesome and definitely deserving of the admiration and love. And then, after the fangirling posts, come the reviews, which have an audience all their own. So, definitely, that flag counter is registering views from non-GY lovers too! ^^

Reply to  kfangurl

YAY!..if that sneaky Woobie steals the carrier for the post?..it’s OK kfangirl!…i just want GY to remain here and not to be forgotten…i’m sure time will come for another k-love feature….so let us see…Ladies, just preserve the current k-love post on GY and the rest active and keep the glows…<3<3<3

Reply to  evez

Aw. GY’s proven very well, that he just isn’t the kind of man to be easily forgotten. Even though he’d retreated in my mind a little from being so inactive & I got super swoony over Woobie, all he had to do was reappear on the scene, & let loose some of that wicked charm, and I’m mesmerized and smitten all over again. I have feeling he’ll be MVP of this blog for a long time to come ^.~

8 years ago

…wow!..what a day to start with GY goodness!..you see that transformations of GY from 2000 to 2012?..oh my!…he’s totally handsome and charming…! <3<3<3…

Reply to  evez

Isn’t he adorable with that floppy-fringed ’90s hair??? I couldn’t help giggling at the cute! 😀 I will say though, that the man has grown up real fine.. he really gets hotter as time goes by, seriously!

Reply to  kfangurl

yes of course kfangirl! he is that adorable!…indeed.! indeed! ..all superlative adjectives on GY’s goodness has been rant here…and we are running out of words..hahahaha!..<3

Reply to  kfangurl

He is just too adorable!! How somebody can be so cute and hot at the same time kfangirl and evez?? O_O

@evez we might need to start using a thesaurus ^^

8 years ago

Ikr?!?? He manages to be hot AND cute, at the very same time. It’s like, he can be in a totally goofy, cute moment, but it doesn’t take away from the hotness quotient, even by a little. It’s just amazing.

Kinda like this pic. How hot AND cute is he?!???

Reply to  kfangurl

Yep this picture is a perfect example. He is totally adorbs and hawt here. His future wife is going to deserve a gold medal or something… I think I am seriously going to clap my hands for her… she will be a very lucky lady.

8 years ago

He seems to have a clear idea of the kind of woman he’d like to marry, so I believe he will choose well.. In the meantime, I’m imagining what it’d be like to be his wife, doing grocery runs with him, and on the one hand, I imagine it’d be so much fun hanging out and doing regular stuff with him.. On the other hand, how is a girl supposed to think straight with this kind of hawtness & cuteness walking next to her..? ;D

Reply to  kfangurl

That would be awesome. I can also imagined him playing Legos with his wife and kid/s. It would be really cute. Haha if I were her I would ask people not to ask me too many questions when I’m around my husband because my brain will be limited to only perform fundamental activities like breathing.

8 years ago

Oh I can SO imagine GY playing Legos and other toys with his kids!! He’s been photographed with toys so often and he looks like he’s having so much fun every time he’s in a toy-centered photoshoot. I bet the little boy in him would totally come out to play once he has kids!

And! I laughed out loud at what you said about his wife!!! XD HAHAHA!!! Of course. What woman would be able to do more than the basics of breathing, around such hawtness?? 😀

Reply to  kfangurl

I can totally imagine him goofing around with kids while wifey watches starstruck. :-O

Reply to  kaiaraia

Giggle. Yes indeed. If any of us were wifey, I’m pretty sure that’d be the case!

Also, please accept my apologies, kaiaraia. I feel awful for putting you through what must’ve been a really frustrating experience, trying out the embed code which didn’t even work. :/ I’m super sorry.

Reply to  kaiaraia

No worries, kfangirl. We’ll get to that somehow, someday. 🙂 For now, let’s have fun with what we can.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Thank you for being so understanding kaiaraia, when it must’ve been so frustrating for you!! Smooches & hugs! ❤❤❤

8 years ago

Ladies!! Have you seen this little overview of GY’s progression over his career (well, up to the point of Big, anyway)??? Take a lookie, you get a peek at his early days, complete with adorable floppy fringed hair! Adorable! 😀

8 years ago

Yay! So many GY treats. I never grow tried when it comes to good old GY clips and pictures. THANK YOU!
(My prayers and thoughts go out to all Filipinos and other affected by the typhoon)

8 years ago

@balingling…oh thank you very much for your deep thoughts on us, another heart warming compassion from yours is very much appreciated!…<3<3<3

and thank you for enjoying the vintage vids for GY,..you know our awesome host kfangirl and as well as Ladys G's, Ddee's and Kaiaraia are really that diligent in sharing links…i do share some as well so that we can make a glimpse of how GY is from his past works and you can enjoy the old articles about GY that you haven't read yet…so feel free to infuse your thoughts as well… :)..<3

8 years ago

Such a good time for a good ol’ retro soak, eh, ChubbyDimpled Muffin?? I love the feeling of all these new-but-old-but-new GY goodies myself! It’s such a treat to suddenly have a nice handful of fresh GY tidbits on hand! ^^

8 years ago

oh i’m sorry it’s you @chubbydimpledmuffin…i did type a wrong name again..thanks for your deep thoughts..oh my! sometimes i’m out of my mind over this GY post that i wrongly address my reply to a different name….sorry dear..hope you’re enjoying all the shared links!…this will make you busy, so savor everything about GY’s vintage vid and articles…<3<3<3

Reply to  evez

@evez…it’s no problem 🙂 …I also find myself being a bit of a scatter brain when it comes to the GY posts…there is just a lot of us. I am enjoying them to the fullest thank you.

@kfangirl haha. I think rather than soaking in the awesomeness of the clips, I am fully submerged in them that I don’t want to come back up for air.

8 years ago

@chubbydimpledmuffin….oh! thank you for understanding, my brain do really scatter a bit sometimes…especially when i’m overwhelm with something…..something like GY i guess!.. hahaha!…and i’m glad you like all the shared links… and about using a thesaurus?…i’m pretty sure we all utilize that all the time….it’s just that i feel that we consummated almost half of the words in describing how we feel for GY…..should we invent a word?…just kidding… 😉 <3..indescribable that's what GY to me!..

8 years ago

@ChubbyDimpled Muffin Tee hee!! I think that’s called drowning in GY goodness ;D Which, y’know, is quite a lovely, heady thing.. who wants to come up for air if you could have more GY instead? ^.~

Reply to  kfangurl

@ evez “it’s just that i feel that we consummated almost half of the words in describing how we feel for GY…..should we invent a word?…just kidding… 😉 <3..indescribable that's what GY to me!.." true…without a doubt.

@Kfangirl haha Exactly!!

8 years ago

i thought of sharing this vid again during CP days…to add to the zest over GY’s vintage post…<3

Reply to  evez

Ahhhhhh!!!!! OMGGGG watching this makes me crave that Coffee Prince rewatch, all over again!! >.< So, SOOO GOOD!! I am SO going to do that rewatch, and post a proper review!! Er.. Soonish. In the near-to-medium future. Gah. I need more space on my drama plate! But it will come, I promise!!

Reply to  kfangurl

oh me too, i’m planning to halt the other drama i have…’coz i wanna reminisce vintage GY…there’s so much fun re-watching this drama… remember?…I fell in love with Choi Han-Gyul here…<3

Reply to  evez

Oh Coffee Prince is a totally fun drama to rewatch, even without GY love in the equation!! It’s so well-written and the characters are all so lovable. Of course, it’s double the happy with GY love in the mix, so I can imagine your next rewatch (& mine!) will be fabulous, glorious, hearts-in-eyes fun! ^.~

8 years ago

…wow from this drama you know GY’s talent in singing shines….he really croons just fine… <3

Reply to  evez

HAHA! Those are definitely the fangirl lenses talking, evez.. He’s a total cutie, with that completely adorable rough-around-the-edges man-boy quality about him, but he’s definitely better at the acting than the singing 😉

Reply to  kfangurl

oh!…you know me kfangirl…when it comes to GY i’m too shallow….i did convince myself from day one i saw him singing…he’s good,he’s good!!..hahahahaha!!! 😉

Reply to  evez

Tee hee!! It’s ok, evez.. We all know how THAT works!! Fangirl lenses are very powerful things indeed 😉 As long as those babies are on, Oppa can do no wrong (& hey, that rhymes! Sorta :P)

Reply to  kfangurl

..yeah i know i can say that here!…and nobody will disagree for sure!…hahahaha!…y’know my eyes and ears are modifiable to my biggest k-love..and for sure it is also the same with the rest of you gals!…our oppas are that mighty hero and no one can outdo him no matter what!!…LOL!..<3<3<3

Reply to  evez

Lol. This is true. You are in good company, evez.. We all think GY is awesomesauce and amazing in almost every way. You can talk with your fangirl lenses on all you want, & we will understand – we know the feeling! ^^ Although, I like to think that I’m now a slightly more well-adjusted fangirl than before 😉

8 years ago

Oh, this reminds me. I promised to share some GY freshness weeks back. I happen to come across episodes of School 4 where our beloved GY debuted.

Here’s a teaser. Watch this back to back with his cover of I’m In Love piano version.

And here’s 8 full episodes of the oh so sweet, a little naughty, and sooooo adorable GY. Warning! It’s not subbed!

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia..thank you!…GY goodies will make busy again…

Reply to  evez

THANK YOU, kaiaraia!!! 😀 😀 This is some vintage GY treasure indeed! Kudos to you, for actually managing to track it down. You rawk, Missy!! And! While I do find GY more and more attractive as he’s matured over the years, I hafta say, young GY is completely ADORABLE!! Uungh! I just wanna squish him! XD

Reply to  kfangurl

True Kfangirl. I was just going through pictures of him from his VJ days to The Suspect, and I love love how he’s transformed that raw awesomeness to gorgeous refinement. So so lovely!

Reply to  kaiaraia

Absolutely! If I had to pick between Young GY & Now GY, I’d totally pick Now GY, without a doubt. He’s way hotter. And more charming. And most of all, more mature. That beauty on the inside is coming through, and I loves it! ❤

8 years ago

oh! i love that vintage GY…would you know the title of this one?..thanks for GY goodies kfangirl… 😉

You’re very welcome, evez!! I’m glad you’re enjoying this bit of vintage GY! 😀

To answer your question, the title of the drama is Screen. The Korean title is 스크린 (Seukeurin). It aired on SBS on weekends from May to July 2003.

Reply to  kfangurl

hope this vintage vid is available in English subbed…thanks kfangirl..;)

Reply to  evez

Aw yes, English subs would be awesome! I haven’t come across English subs for this, but if I ever do find ’em, I’ll be sure to post ’em here!! ^^

8 years ago

Ladies!! I’m back! Thanks for your sweet patience even as I fell behind the various conversations while getting myself back home. I’m gonna catch up soon, but before I do that, I thought you ladies might like a bit of vintage Gong Yoo on your screens ^^

I found several episodes of Screen, GY’s 2003 drama with Kim Tae Hee, on YouTube. Subs are in Chinese, and only 5.5 eps are available, but I figure SOME vintage GY is better than none?

He only appears in E2 onwards, so here’s E2 in its entirety, and you can find the rest on YT here: http://www.youtube.com/user/kimtaeheeTV/videos

FYI, GY only appears starting from E2 part 2, at the 2:14 mark. Enjoy! 😀

Welcome home Kfangirl!

Reply to  kaiaraia

Thank you, kaiaraia!! I’ve missed you ladies! 😀 I’m still feeling a little slow in the head today, but I’m planning on some caffeine intervention that should help me get back up to speed – soonish ^^v

Supriya
Supriya

I got no words for u….

Reply to  Supriya

Hi there, Supriya!! Welcome to the blog! And to our GY-loving thread! ^^ I don’t blame you for having no words.. he’s so awesome that he makes me speechless too, sometimes 😉 When words do return to you, you’re welcome to spazz and squee with the rest of us, whenever.. Coz anytime’s a good time for shared GY love, methinks ^.~

Supriya
Supriya
8 years ago

I just love the way u r Gong-yu:)) wish I could get u in my life:((

8 years ago

I’m thankful the tall, dark, handsome, lean, sexy, dashing, white-shirt-and-dark-blue-suit-clad, gun-grabbing-and-dismantling, wall-climbing, fierce Gong Yoo appeared on my screen today, sending my heart aflutter, even for a moment. Otherwise, my devastated heart will remain so as we Filipinos realize the breadth and depth of Super Typhoon Haiyan’s aftermath. Be safe Vietnam.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Aw. GY always manages to bring on a smile, doesn’t he? Besides more hugs ❤❤❤ from Tokyo, I thought this little star date clip would also tease a little smile from ya.. even if you might’ve seen it before:

Reply to  kfangurl

You’re right, this clip always bring smile to my lips… and heart. “I like women who are smart and beautiful. Looks are definitely a factor, but its more about the soul. I like women with beautiful souls… Work on your soul.” So profound, yet so true. One of the reasons I love him. Oh, and so timely. This aftermath needs lots of beautiful souls and I’m sharing mine (*packing things I’m donating to the victims*). Thank you kfangirl!

You go, girl! I know our GY would be proud ❤

Reply to  kfangurl

…wow!..thanks kfangirl for sharing that vid again..is it the KANU coffee he endorsed?..i remembered watch that a year ago @YT…smart, beautiful and with BEAUTIFUL SOULS…whoever that girl is she’s so lucky… ;)….GY is so charming when he laughs…<3..

Reply to  evez

Yes! Kanu coffee! I found a bit of a making-of clip, and he is SO freaking adorable, seriously. ❤❤❤

Reply to  kfangurl

…and now i’m freaking out each time he smiles and laugh!..oh man! he’s so ADORBS!…thank you kfangirl!…looks like mochi is keeping you active eh?…hahahaha!.. 🙂 <3

Reply to  evez

You’re very welcome, evez! And yes, that mochi is doing a fine job, powering me through today! XD

Isn’t GY just so squishably adorable in the clip, while managing to be all kinds of hawt? ❤ I couldn’t stop the goofy grin that plastered itself on my face as I watched the vid. He’s so lovably funny! 😀

Reply to  kaiaraia

and thanks for sharing this kaiaraia….and i feel in remorse as well, though our area is not that affected, i feel sorry to our fellow Filipinos in Visayas area…insightful incidents keep on popping up on the news….. i’m pretty sure we will overcome this calamity like what we always did in the previous typhoons…i’m thankful enough that there are good samaritans such as you for sharing what they have in providing the needs of those victims….mine is not quite to accommodate all the needs but hope this little things help…<3

Reply to  evez

If there’s something I’m very proud of, it’s our resilience evez!

Look at this CNN comment thread. http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/08/world/asia/philippines-typhoon-haiyan/

Sorry, it’s not GY stuff.

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia….oh!..thanks for sharing that link here from CNN i also shared that one in my fb account the other day…..and you’re right being resilience is an amazing trait that we Filipinos are something to be proud of…..and it’s great that CNN sees that to us….it’s not about GY but knowing kfangirl as receptive as always i’m sure it’s okay to share that link…<3

Reply to  evez

Of course I don’t mind, ladies! You called it right. And that comment thread is spot-on in naming resilience, good nature, & smiles as hallmarks of the Filipino people. I believe your people will emerge from this calamity even stronger than ever before ❤ Hugs.

8 years ago

…hurray!..another GY lover…hey..your fangirls are growing kfangirl!…love it!…if only this blogsite of yours can use as one of the promotional materials for GY’s upcoming movie “Supsect”…just in time don’t you think?…hahaha!…oh crazy me….

Reply to  evez

Ooh, that WOULD be lovely – coz that would only mean more GY love in the house! ^^v In the end, that’s what we’re all here for, after all.. We just want to love on our lovely man, among fellow fans who understand – And hey! That last bit rhymes! XD

Lawanen Nanaman
8 years ago

Watch ‘Finding Mr. Destiny’.. I feel inlove with Gong Yoo all over again because of this movie.. This movie is the very reason I came across of this blog entry.. cheerrss! it’s an awesome read 🙂

8 years ago

Aw, thanks Lawanen!! Glad you enjoyed the read! Also, welcome to the blog!

Yes, I’ve seen Finding Mr. Destiny.. It IS a cute movie, and seeing cool dude GY being all derpy is part of the hilarity! I’m looking forward to The Suspect, while steeling myself to also check out Silenced.

For me, it was seeing him at the Tokyo fanmeet a few weeks ago that made me fall in love with him all over again.. He’s so charming & swoony & adorable in person, I am completely smitten, all over again! ❤

8 years ago

Ladies, I swooned at this pic and am still a little slack-jawed as I type this. Look at him:

So off-handedly, naturally gorgeous. Swooonn~~~

Reply to  kfangurl

…YAY!…candidly taken and the glorious GY looks delish wearing only an undershirt…oh my !feel like running onto him and give him a good back hug…***swooning*** never stops kfangirl..! <3<3<3

Reply to  evez

Yes, doesn’t he look achingly, wonderfully delicious??? And without even trying to, either! He’s just doin’ his own thing, & the candid shot makes him look so yummy. Melt. Melt melt melt. ❤

Reply to  kfangurl

(…ka-dooff…) I’ve just fallen off my chair.

8 years ago

Giggle. I know the feeling! I kinda almost fell off my own chair when I first saw that wonderful pic! XD

8 years ago

hahaha!..we always fell from our chair when we see photos of this beautiful man!…

8 years ago

…from soompi page…it has been shared here by kaiaraia from the other page but i want to re-post this because the article is written in English… enjoy drooling again..<3 😉

Reply to  evez

Love these lines: “The body oil doesn’t help in cooling down the actor’s awe inducing, tanned body. Apart from simply being a good looking actor, Gong Yoo’s professionalism shined through the actor’s dedication in perfecting his character through intense preparations.”

Thanks evez.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Hahaha!! The opening of the article made me giggle: “Before reading this article, inhale and exhale, then stretch your vocal chords because the recently released stills of Gong Yoo in his new movie “The Suspect” will make you scream in utter awe.” XD

I LOVE how GY’s making such a splash with the promos, and everyone’s swooning to the floor in waves, and the movie’s not even out yet. The power of GY 😉

Reply to  kaiaraia

yeah…we know all about that..GY always give his best for every project he takes in…that’s why we love him gals!..as kfangirl says: our GY is not only of beautiful face but also a good and refine actor… …****sawoooon***….<3

Reply to  kaiaraia

..@kaiaraia love that line either..and the opening phrase: “you have to inhale and exhale and stretch your vocal chords”..!..i laugh hard like kfangirl did…oh it looks like you’ve been busy this day?…i want to know how you feel for our GY on kfangirl’s premium post…<3 😉

8 years ago

Muddy, bronzy Gong Yoo… Drool, ladies, drool! Or you can just faint and be off to dreamland like me.
Can’t help it! SO SO SO DELISH!

Reply to  kaiaraia

OH. MY. WORD. @.@ I have no words. Swooonn~~ This is hawt. I get these aren’t supposed to be sexy shots, but the MAN IS SEXAYYYY…

Thud.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Since Yoo just took my breath away, I’m dedicating this song to Yoo. Its by Eva Cassidy, one of my favorites. And, oh, I heard this song in One Fine Day.

Reply to  kaiaraia

This song was in One Fine Day? Wow. That didn’t even register in my head. But then again, in my most recent watch of OFD, I was basically watching with ALL my attention trained on GY and his glorious, gorgeous arms. And abs. I didn’t have the bandwidth to notice anything else, really ;D

Reply to  kfangurl

Hahaha! It was playing in the background when they were in the coffee shop. Could not recall what ep that was.

Reply to  kaiaraia

Giggle. I applaud you, kaiaraia.. for being able to notice such little details, when scruffy, bare-armed, sexy GY was on your screen. *bows*

Reply to  kfangurl

I think he was dressed then… hahaha… *giggles*

Reply to  kaiaraia

Ahh.. I can see how that would make a difference! ;D Lol!

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia …how come i missed that one?…i have seen OFD but i didn’t hear the song..what episode is that song played in?..oh well, i guess i’m more focus on GY glorious physique…admit it gals but i find GY’s body here at its best!…

Reply to  kaiaraia

..the chocolate colored image of GY isa great way to spazz over before going to sleep…something to bring along in our dreams…jaj ja ladies and may you have the sweetest dreams with GY tonight…;-)

Reply to  evez

Don’t the pix bring new meaning to the phrase “choco-abs”? XD Plus, he does look delicious, doesn’t he? Drool.. Let’s ALL have sweet chocolate GY dreams ^.~

Reply to  kfangurl

yep!…”choco-abs”…delicious indeed!…you know when i saw those still photos that kaiaraia shared…i did have a great drool to the max!…hahaha!… ;)<3

Reply to  evez

Me too!! I think I squealed out loud when I saw those pix. And then proceeded to ogle, gaze and drool, just as kaiaraia instructed, heh. So much delicious shirtlessness!! Just the stills are doing this to me.. How will I cope when the movie comes out?? XD

Reply to  kaiaraia

O_o…sigh…that’s…just…so… YUMMY! GY…the gift that keeps on giving.
My festive season has gotten a little merrier. Hahaha…season’s greetings ladies :P… hehehe

8 years ago

Well, when you put it THAT way, I’m reminded that Suspect will be out in time for Christmas! That’ll sweeten ALL of our Christmas holidays! ;D

8 years ago

Ahhh! South Africa… I have a friend in Cape Town… What do I know about it? Awesome place to travel, thanks to TLC channel. There are many Caucasian South Africans. They are good in English… and most importantly, the land where Charlize Theron came from!

Yes, GY’s just like fine wine, getting smoother and better with time. Gorgeous, elegant, refined… hmmm…. makes me think of Robert Redford.

Reply to  kaiaraia

🙂 Cape Town!! So I’m so envious your friend lives in such beautiful city. I’m from Johannesburg. Yep, yep, yep aaaaandd…yep ^^. If you don’t mind me asking where are you from kaiaraia?

Time has really been good to GY…I am really looking forward to the years to come because I’m sure he is going to carry his 40s, 50s and the years beyond so well.

8 years ago

@ChubbyDimpledMuffin: Really, Cape Town’s such a beauty? No wonder my friend is enjoying it well. I’m from Manila, Philippines just like Evez. I love this “a burning hot, on fire ahjussi”!

@evez: On “i agree with you GY is swooooon WORTHY…so worthy that it will make you burn with passion over him…hee!” and “Robert Redford is gorgeous but kaiaraia GY surpassed him,,hahahaha!!!.”. I could only concur with you. GY is way, way hotter. But it’s nice to imagine that in his senior years he’d be joining the league of such respectable, accomplished man as Robert Redford–actor, director, philanthropist or Clint Eastwood for that matter.

Reply to  kaiaraia

😀 I’m just gonna jump right in there and say, uh-huh, I’m pretty sure GY will always be swoony and sexy and charming, at ANY age. ❤

Reply to  kaiaraia

@kaiaraia…Robert Redford is gorgeous but kaiaraia GY surpassed him,,hahahaha!!!..oh boy!….sorry to say that but my love for Gong Yoo is that great….many k-hunks surface in the k-ent world but our GY is the most beautiful k-actor that k-ent had!…rawr!rawr!LOL!..

8 years ago

@kaiaraia yep that’s the one, whoops I forgot to put up the link, thank you for putting them up. I’m from South Africa.
You can see that he has worked so hard on this movie because these days he is extra skinny. I love this ahjussi of ours ^^!

@evez Ikr i was quite impressed and a little surprised that he’d do that much stunt work but then I thought, this is GY and when it comes to whatever project he does he goes big or he goes home haha. Girl I won’t bottle it up anymore and I am very glad I’ve a place to come and express myself with other expressive people.

@kaiaraia and kfangirl…maybe I could try showing a friend and see what happens from then. I think though I am starting to be alright with the fact that in my “real world” I may be the only person enjoying k-entertainment the way I do…and it makes it better that I can go to the fangirl verdict now.